SAFEGUARDING POLICY FOR ROECROFT CENTRE / H.O ROE CHARITY
The H.O Roe Charity has a duty of care and are committed to the protection and
safety of everyone who enters our premises including children, young people and
vulnerable adults. We also have a duty to safeguard and support our trustees and
- All reasonable steps will be taken to protect children, young people and vulnerable
adults from injury, illness, maltreatment or exploitation at all times.
- All trustees will have signed the Trustee Statement of Eligibility form which
includes a declaration that they have no convictions in relation to abuse.
- Safe recruitment practices will be followed.
- All hirers must sign a hiring agreement. This will require all hirers using the
premises for activities which include children, young people and/or vulnerable adults,
to adopt this Safeguarding policy or produce a copy of their own Safeguarding policy
and provide evidence that they have carried out relevant checks through the
Disclosure and Barring Service. This requirement does not apply to private parties
for invited friends and family.
- Hirers must keep lists of names of all paid and voluntary workers with regular and
direct contact with children/ vulnerable adults.
- Registers of children, young people and vulnerable adults attending activities,
including contact details of parents/carers or next of kin and dates of birth should
also be kept. These records should be kept securely and updated regularly.
- No children or young people should be left unattended at any time or be left in the
charge of any person under 18 years of age. Any group of children or young people
must have at least two adult leaders, no matter how small the group.
- All reports of suspicions or allegations of abuse against a child or adult at risk will
be taken seriously and dealt with speedily and appropriately.
- A designated person will be appointed to be responsible for child and adult at risk
safeguarding matters. This person will be responsible for reporting concerns that
arise to the relevant safeguarding agency.
The designated person is:
Tel: 01462 834165
- The H.O Roe Charity will carry out an annual review of this policy.
Last reviewed: February 2021